21 June 2010

Saturday Groceries Shopping

I live in Selangor. Every Saturday, in conjunction with the State Government "Love The Environment" campaign, plastic bags cost 20 sen, at least, this is the practiced of the hypermarket and convenient store statewide. Petty traders just don't care. Plastic bag or no plastic bag , they need to run the business.

I once asked what happen to the 20 sen paid for the plastic bag and was made to understand that it will go to the charity which is good, if it really goes to charity la.

Despite having to pay for the plastic bag, I love doing groceries shopping on Saturday. Hassle free, as there are not so many people around. I am not an environmentalist, I guess but I do contribute 20 sen for a good cause.

The other people who are not doing their shopping on Saturday are not environmentalist either. They are just damn stingy to come out with 20 sen. They shop on the other day and ask for plastic bags and this time for FREE. What a loser......

Save Khalid Ibrahim, Save The Environment.

-PP-

No comments: